The sauna is located on the large South facing balcony, just outside the condo's back door. As you exit the condo, look to the far left. That's the sauna door. There are two controls located just outside the door. One is for time, one for heat level.
Please use caution. Above all, never use the sauna alone! And follow the safety info below.
- When Not To Use the Sauna-- Do not use the sauna if any you have hypertension, heart disease, if you are unwell or if your doctor has limited your exercise in any way. Do not use the sauna if you think you might be pregnant. Do not allow children or pets in the sauna.
- Sauna Time Limit-- The recommended time limit for saunas is 15 to 20 minutes. The sauna's extreme heat can cause hyperthermia, which can make a person pass out or fall asleep, and it can also interfere with the ability to think clearly. If any dizziness or fatigue should occur in the sauna, leave immediately, and contact a physician.
- Stay Hydrated-- You can lose up to one pint of water during a sauna session. Its a good idea to drink one to two glasses of water prior to using the sauna and afterward, rehydrate with at least two to four glasses.
- Cool Down-- Cooling down after leaving the sauna helps the body combat overheating and adjust to normal temperatures. A cool, damp towel can soothe hot skin and help regulate body temperature. Adjust slowly to the surrounding temperature to avoid the effects of sudden temperature change.
- Avoid Eating and Drinking Alcohol-- Please do not eat or drink in the sauna. In addition, eating food or drinking alcohol before a session can lower blood pressure causing you to experience nausea, dizziness, and fainting. Drinking alcohol also impairs judgment
- Protect Your Hair and Skin-- If you have long hair you may want to use a moist towel to cover your hair while in the sauna to prevent damage from the extremely high temperatures of both the wet and dry sauna. It is a good idea to apply skin moisturizer after using the sauna to prevent the skin from drying.
- Remove Jewelry and Accessories--Metal can heat rapidly under hot temperatures, which is why it's a good idea to remove all jewelry before using the sauna.